Matcha – 8 Amazing Health Benefits
This trendy superfood is becoming more mainstream and winning over coffee drinkers and the like. Matcha literally means “powdered tea”. With traditional green tea, the tea leaves are infused with hot water, then the leaves are discarded. With Matcha, you’re actually drinking the leaves, which are in powdered form. Although traditionally mixed with hot water, Matcha lattes have been gaining popularity, as well as mixing it in juices, smoothies and yogurt.
Here are 8 reasons to make Matcha a part of your life:
- Rich in Antioxidants — Matcha contains +137 times more than green tea, +17 times more than blueberries, +6 times more than gojiberries
- Fights Cancer — Contains the best source of catechins which prevent cancer and can cut the risk of breast cancer in half.
- Detox — Matcha contains a high concentration of chlorophyll, which helps eliminate chemicals from the body and promotes heart health.
- Boosts Metabolism & Aids in Weight Loss — Consuming Matcha can help burn calories 4x faster than normal!
- Stress Relief — L-theanine, an amino acid in matcha, helps calm your mind.
- Lowers Cholesterol — Matcha has been proven to lower bad (LDL) cholesterol.
- Energy & Focus — Boosts energy, sustains it throughout the day and increases focus. The preparation of matcha has been an important part of Japanese tea ceremonies, and it has long been associated with Zen and meditation.
- Anti-Aging — Helps reduce inflammation and oxidation to help you look and feel younger.
Note: Even with superfoods, you can have too much of a good thing. Shop for pure, organic, quality matcha, and enjoy it in moderation.