Green Smoothie Recipe
Green smoothies are the perfect, healthy fast food that can transform our bodies from the inside out! Packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, high quality amino acids, and other phytonutrients, this delicious elixir helps to prevent and repair damage in your body and boost rejuvenation!
6 cups chopped spinach
5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 cups cold water (can replace with almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, or coconut water)
1 ½ cups chopped celery
1 medium apple, cored & coarsely chopped
1 medium pear, cored & coarsely chopped
1 medium banana
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup fresh cilantro
½ cup fresh parsley
Fill your blender with 2 cups of water (or liquid of choice). Add the spinach and romaine slowly and blend until smooth.
Next, add the celery, apple, pear, and herbs. Blend again until smooth.
Add the lemon juice and banana, blend until smooth.
You can blend in some ice if desired. Enjoy!
• You can refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 ½ – 3 days.
• Pre-cut fruit and freeze. By adding the frozen fruit, instead of fresh, your smoothie will be nice and cold, eliminating the need to add ice at the end.
• Get creative! Adding or interchanging other fruits into the recipe, such as mango, pineapple, or peaches will change the flavor profile and the sweetness of the beverage.
• Include add-ins:
- Protein Powder – for added protein
- Collagen Powder – for gut health
- Maca – for increased fertility & hormone balance
- Chia Seeds – for added protein
- Ground Flaxseed – for Omega 3s
- Bee Pollen – for an immunity boost